RSS

Chin Chun Su - The Math and The Science (Part One)

While doing further research on kojic acid, I came across two forums that discussed this one particular product called Chin Chun Su.  It is a cream and apparently, like kojic acid it contains substances that effectively lightens the skin.  Curious, I decided to buy it.

They sell Chin Chun Su at Mercury Drugstore.  On the forums, there are warnings to be careful where you buy the cream because supposedly, there are fake versions also being sold.  I very much doubt that Mercury Drugstore sells the counterfeit kind.  There four types of Chin Chun Su creams and you can distinguish them by the color of its shell like container.  Take note, two of the creams are in pink containers, however, one has a blue sticker and the other has a white one. (The latter is not featured in the picture below because it was out of stock).  The cream in the maroon container is actually called Oseur Facial Pearl Cream.  In general, the Chin Chun Su creams are very inexpensive and it is mainly because of the meager amount sold in each container.  Their prices vary, but for all three creams it only cost P60.  


 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oseur Facial Cream - P23.75 contains 10 grams


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  

Chin Chun Su With Beta Carotene - P19.90 contains 10 grams




------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

Chin Chun Su Face Cream - P16.60 contains 10 grams



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

The Math

By standards, most soap bars weigh about 100-120 grams and the same applies with creams that are sold in small containers.  I figured out the math because I was initally puzzled with how such an effective product could be so cheap.  It actually isn't as inexpensive in the long run as most consumers think.  If the Chin Chun Su creams were sold in quantities of 100 grams, the following would reveal the true costs.  Possibly a little less, without the extra reproduction costs of the containers.

P16.60 for 10 grams
If I bought 10 of these creams to make 100grams, it would cost me (16.60 x 10) = P166.00
P19.90 for 10 grams
If I bought 10 of these creams to make 100grams, it would cost me (19.90 x 10) = P199.00
P23.75 for 10 grams
If I bought 10 of these creams to make 100grams, it would cost me (23.75 x 10) = P237.50

The Science

Based on what I have read on forums and on random blogs, the overall verdict is that the cream effectively softens, smoothens, and lightens the skin.  There are a few individuals, however, who claim that Chin Chun Su did not really work for them and it actually gave them acne.  This warning is written on the fine print - "When used for the first two weeks, more pimples will appear than before."  Furthermore,  users have mentioned that when applied only on the face, the skin tone of the face from the neck and the rest of the body becomes humorously uneven.  There are also a lot of complains about the smell, but for me, it is not that bad.  It has strong cosmetic smell.  I can't accurately describe it, but it smells very much like baby powder.  I just know that when I firsted opened the pink and blue container, the smell was very familiar.  At first, I couldn't recall why I recognized the scent and I initially thought maybe my someone I knew used it before.  Then I remembered that during our school performances, the make up artists would use Chin Chun Su as the base under the foundation.  So in fact, I actually have tried the cream before, but as make up product.

Unlike most of the Chin Chun Su users, I do not want to lighten my skin tone.  I do not have bad acne either so I don't really need this cream to clear any pimples.  Thus, I have decided that I am not going to try this cream on my face because as they say "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."  I might even break out.  Nonetheless, I am still curious about this product and if it is really effective.  So I will try the Chin Chun Su with Beta Carotene on my legs as it promises to "remove dark and coarse skin."  I have some dark spots on my leg as a result of small scratches and scrapes.  I will apply the cream on one this one spot.  I'll observe and report any changes after two weeks.  



The following links have more informaiton about Chin Chun Su:



  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

16 comments:

O'deck said...

Hi. I've read your post. It's interesting. By the way, did you get a good result??

Unknown said...

Hello pwd po ba ito gamitin wyl pregnant?

Unknown said...

Been using this for 20 years :-) Works for me

Unknown said...

Hi ang ganda ng reviews mo, gusto ko sana malaman ano mairerecommend mo para sa sensitive skin and pimple marks?

Unknown said...

Hi ang ganda ng reviews mo, gusto ko sana malaman ano mairerecommend mo para sa sensitive skin and pimple marks?

BabyFace1977 said...

I've been using O'seur since I'm 18 y/o and now I'm 39!..my face is smooth and the pores are almost non existent...makes me look younger than my actual age..

Unknown said...

Can't you please indecate contact number of this company..?

Unknown said...

hi po .. pwede po ba to sa 15 years old?😊

Unknown said...

What are the ingredients of chin chun su?

Unknown said...

gumagamit dn ako ni2. pero ngayon ko lng nlaman na may high content of mercury pala sa ingredients n2. isa e2 sa na ban na product ng FDA.

Knowing Belle said...

I also use this product since I was 15 because that was the time I had some breakouts and my mom recommended the use of this and it really helped lighten my skin and remove visible marks. Now that I am already 27,I don't have any problem with pimple marks and visible pores.. Thanks to this product I maintain that youthful glow.
P.S. My brothers and sister also used this in their youth to avoid pimples. Indeed, it worked!👍😊

Unknown said...

Pwede po ba sa teen age

Unknown said...

High of mercury ito. Basta Chinese products we don't trust it

Unknown said...

Hoping gumana ito sakin. .

Unknown said...

It is very effective because I use it for over 2-3weeks and the results are very satisfyingly great thnxs to this product my face became even lighter and smoother❤

Unknown said...

I used chin Chun sy,,maganda siya SA mukha,smooth،hiyang siya SA akin,I used pink or orange.

Post a Comment