RSS

Defy Aging Not Deny Changing

Mind you, my Asian skin tone by nature is described as “medium tan.”  When I was a child, I was really light skinned and I believe this is a result of some of the Chinese blood in my family lineage.  Nevertheless, I am constantly at the beach and so the color of my skin ranges in the shades of “tan” to “warm tan.”


For the most part, I am not really bother with my skin tone being in a little darker.  In fact, I have often been complimented for having great skin and looking “bronze.”  However, there are times when I do get affected by snide comments about looking “older” because of having a darker skin complexion due to “sun exposure."  And it is true!! I don’t know exactly how to explain it, but I can see it.  Maybe it has to do with light hitting the face at certain angles or even the different skin types. All I know is that I have both Asian and Caucasian friends who look older because they are darker.  Their wrinkles are more prominent and their skin looks “leathery.”  On the other hand, an Asian lady in her 60s can really look like she is only in her 40s because of her fair skin.  A lighter shade can make a huge difference with looking more youthful. 

Now that I am fast approaching my mid 30s, I am becoming a little more conscious about my skin and my over all well being.  So I am trying to live a healthier lifestyle, eat better and use products that can help me to not just look good, but also to feel good inside.  In all honesty, I am still mistaken for being in my early 20s and I want to keep it that. Ultimately, everyone wants to defy aging - to stay young or at least look it.  So that is my goal too.  I don't want to change the way I look.  I know there are a lot Asian women who bleach their skin, dye their hair blondish brown, and eventually have rhinoplasty to look more foreign.  That is not me.  I don't even weak make up.  Nonetheless, I want to start taking better care of myself especially my skin and my body, to stay looking youthful.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment